OMEA All-State Children’s Chorus Auditions!
The OMEA All-State Children’s Chorus Auditions will take place from April 1st through May 31st, 2014. Auditions will be open to public and private school students in grades 4 and 5 during the 2014-2015 school year whose teachers are members of OMEA. Applicants will apply using the “Acceptd, Inc.” online website. The application includes a $10 fee to “Acceptd, Inc.” All applications MUST be submitted electronically through this web-based company. The application process includes uploading a digital audio recording. OMEA members are asked to encourage and assist their finest students in preparing the following:
1. Begin with the applicant announcing their name and grade level
2. Sing the first verse of “My Country Tis of Thee” (key of F Major accompanied)
3. Sing the first verse of “America the Beautiful” (key of CM unaccompanied)
4. Sing “O Music” by Lowell Mason-public domain (any key unaccompanied)
5. Recordings of individual selections should NOT be edited or spliced
6. Please ensure that all applicants can match pitch, access the head voice and possess the focus and stamina to participate in full day rehearsals
April 1: A link to the “Acceptd, Inc.” online application with detailed instructions will be available on the OMEA homepage
May 31: Deadline for all applications to be submitted
August 1: Results posted to the OMEA portal and mailed via post office to all student applicants.
August 30: Acceptance forms and $75 participation fee made payable to OMEA due for all applicants.
September/October: Regional rehearsals
October 18: OMEA All-State Children’s Chorus Event-Capital University
OMEA is thrilled to extend this opportunity to our elementary students and teachers. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
OMEA All-State Children’s Chorus Chair
Share on Facebook